Quality and Development Officer vacancy
Reporting to: CEO
Key Roles: To lead on projects which assist CAVA to meet its strategic objects.
The Officer will perform these key functions:
- manage and develop the effective operation of the CAVA quality and training systems;
- review quality through all reporting systems;
- maintain and develop administrative systems for CAVA;
- manage new projects which further CAVA’s strategic aims;
- assist the CEO in reporting to the QAA;
- liaise with outside agencies relevant to the role and promote CAVA interests and the Access Diploma;
- organise and develop CAVA’s professional development events;
- any other duties appropriate to the role and deemed necessary for the effective operation of CAVA.
Workbase: Gwydir Street Enterprise Centre, Cambridge (the job entails occasional travelling to member and associate institutions throughout England)
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hrs per week)
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English Grade C or above
- Good first degree level or above
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Experience with project management
- Ability to lead on projects effectively
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Teaching experience
- Background in the education sector
- Experience of running relevant quality assurance systems
- Experience of committee work
Salary: £26,294.46 – 32,667.71
28 days annual leave
Quality and Development Officer
Full-time, 12 month contract to cover maternity leave
Closing date – 27 September 2018
About The Cambridge Access Validating Agency:
The Cambridge Access Validating Agency (CAVA) is licensed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) to validate Access to Higher Education Diplomas. CAVA is a private, non-profit-making Company Limited by Guarantee.
CAVA design and validate an impressive range of Access Diplomas at Further Education Colleges. We work with these colleges to ensure the courses meet the needs of students and the receiving universities. We are a small, interesting and complex organisation that is currently experiencing growth. Our focus is on continuing to develop our courses whilst maintaining excellence in our quality and service. An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our team to help us to realise our aims.
About the role:
CAVA is seeking a self-motivated, reliable and well-organised person to join our small dynamic team, and to support the quality and development processes. Responsible for a wide range of duties, you will be required to handle a variety of tasks relating to the promotion and the quality assurance of our courses, such as operating the quality systems efficiently, assisting in new projects and initiatives, liaising with colleges staff and students, organising meetings and planning events.
You will have a good first degree, and ideally experience in the education sector and project management.
The successful candidate should have excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to understand, retain and apply complex procedures. Accuracy and confidentiality are vital in all areas, as is the ability to work without close supervision and on your own initiative is also important
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply in writing (email preferred) , including a curriculum vitae directly to:
Chief Executive Officer
The Cambridge Access Validating Agency
23-25 Gwydir Street